Last updated: June 30, 2018
Collection and processing of your personal data is conducted in accordance with the applicable data protection legislation, in particular, the Eu General Data Protection Regulation, the Act No. 101/2000 Coll. on Protection of Personal Data or legislation that will amend or replace them in the future. In compliance with the US Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), we will never knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without obtaining parental consent. We do not intentionally collect personal data from website visitors that are under the age of 13.
- Who is the data controller? The controller of your personal data is the International Pediatric Nephrology Association, Inc., C/O Division of Pediatric Nephrology, 2POB.17A, Children’s Mercy Kansas City, 2401 Gillham Road, Kansas City, MO 64108, USA. For any requests relating to processing of your personal data or to exercise your rights set out below, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What personal data do we collect about you? For what purpose and for how long do we collect it? We process your personal data (as a person interested in IPNA programs, donor or a potential donor):
2.1. For the purpose of donation, we process your personal data to the extent of name, surname, contact details such as address, mobile phone and e-mail, citizenship (country of origin) and bank account details.
2.2. For the purpose of compliance with obligations laid down by relevant legislation such as Accounting Act or Tax Code (e.g. for financial purposes), we process your personal data in the extent of name, surname, address, citizenship, e-mail and phone number, and payment method details. The processing is based on compliance with legal obligations to which we are subject. The personal data will be processed for a period specified by the particular legislation but no longer than 10 years.
2.3. According to Section 7(3) of the Act No. 480/2004 Coll., on Certain Information Services Society, we may contact you by e-mail, telephone or post for the purposes of communicating information about IPNA programs even without your prior consent. You may however refuse receiving this kind of communications at any time (i.e. you may opt-out from the database).
2.4. For the purpose of future e-news, forms and our website, we may process your personal data to the extent of technical cookies and related technical data. The personal data will be processed and stored for a period that is necessary for ensuring functionality and privacy.
2.5. In addition, we need to process and store your personal data to the extent of name, surname, contact details such as address, mobile phone or e-mail, citizenship, bank account details for the purpose of potential claims in the future. This processing is based on our legitimate interest or of a third party. The personal data will be processed for the period necessary to fulfil this purpose, however, no longer than for the period of 10 years from the commencement of the statutory limitation period in each particular case.
- Who do we share your personal data with? Your personal data may be disclosed to reliable third parties that provide us with administrative or technical support or provide data management services, i.e. to the data processors. We may also share your personal data with payment institutions in order to process your donation or with other reliable third parties who process donations and send solicitations. If required by law, we may share your personal data with government (or municipal) authorities or law enforcement bodies, with external advisors and with other personnel who is subject to confidentiality obligation.
- What are your rights in relation to the processing? If you grant us your consent to the processing of your personal data, you do so entirely voluntarily and you have the right to revoke or restrict the consent at any time through email addressed to email@example.com. If your personal data is processed for the purposes of communications or on the basis of a legitimate interest, you also have the right to object to such processing at any time. Under certain conditions and circumstances, your other rights include: right to access your personal data, right to have your personal data rectified or erased, right to restrict the processing, right to data portability and right to lodge a complaint against us, as a data controller, with the Data Protection Authority.
- For how long do we keep your personal data? We retain your personal data for no longer than is necessary to fulfil the purpose of the processing in question, i.e. for the period explicitly required by the applicable legislation. Where we process your personal data based on your consent, such personal data will only be processed for the duration of the consent which you may revoke or restrict at any time. If you do so, we will stop processing the personal data concerned for the purposes you consented to.
- How do we implement the social media networks features? Our website may include social media features, such as the Facebook, Twitter or Instagram buttons. These features may collect certain information about visitors of our website, such as IP address or browsing history and may implement cookies to the browser of the visitors. Please note that processing of the collected data is governed by policies adopted by operators of the social media networks and, therefore, this privacy notice does not apply.
Thank you for supporting IPNA. It is greatly appreciated!